Monday, December 29, 2008

reindeer cake pops

Well you might be able to guess what I got in my stocking this year ~ yep, all my hinting paid off, and I got some edible food markers, some candy writers, and some other exciting baking bits and pieces, yippee! Here is my very first attempt at cake pops a-la-Bakerella. I loved her little reindeer, and was so pleased to find some Boston baked beans which worked really well as Rudolph noses. I used the same method and recipe that I used for the chocolate cake balls, although I used candy melts instead of real chocolate, which was much easier to work with. I need to figure out how to get the candy coating smoother -- that might have something to do with not having used styrofoam to keep the pops sticking up, which meant they kept bumping into eachother -- but being my first shot I was pretty happy with these little guys! Can't wait to try out some more ideas in the New Year!

2 comments:

Ari (Baking and Books) said...

How cool!! Whoever got those is lucky indeed.

Happy New Year. :)

tamz said...

thanks ari! they were fun to make :) happy new year!